Preparing For Dermal Fillers in Calgary
The world of cosmetic dentistry has quickly heightened in popularity, more so in the 21st century. More and more people are becoming more aware of their aesthetic appeal. Cosmetic transformations have been heard in different practices of medicine. In dentistry, there is a lot you can do to improve your cosmetic appeal, other than just work on your teeth.
What Are Dermal Fillers?
They are injectables used on the facial features to improve their appearances. Facial fillers are accredited for plumper lips, eyebrow lifts, enhanced cheekbones, smoother facial lines, to mention a few. You probably have heard of dermal fillers in NW Calgary to remove wrinkles on the face.
Understanding Dermal Fillers
A dentist in T3B 5K1 will inject a facial filler on a patient in less than an hour, and the cosmetic effects will be noticed. The downtime for this procedure ranges from little to none. Unless in the rare cases of allergic reactions to the fillers, most patients experience temporary side effects. The dentist in Calgary working on your face will advise you on some of the temporary side effects you might experience. They include:
- Slight soreness and mild bruising – usually experienced where the fillers have been injected.
- Swelling – the swelling is common as the initial response of the body to the dermal fillers.
- Redness – a slight redness of the skin will be noticed on the area of injection
The good thing about the side effects is that they are temporary. In a couple of minutes or hours, you will be as good as new. Thankfully, you will not need rest time right after your procedure. This, and the fact that it is easy to perform, is among the top reasons why people oft for dermal fillers for cosmetic elevation.
Choosing The Best Fillers
As you would expect, many dermal fillers are available in the market. This does not mean that they all are fit for you. Choosing the best fillers is paramount if you want to enjoy the best results. The choice of dermal fillers is dependent on different factors, including personal preferences, cosmetic goals you have, as well as your budget. The first thing you must do to get it right is get the best expert working on you. You cannot just go to dentist near you, without considering their credential and experience in the procedure. Some other things you must consider include:
- Skin nuances – the degree of damage on your skin will determine what fillers work best for you. Some people have more sun damage than others. The elasticity of your skin also matters when it comes to which fillers your skin can accommodate.
- Sensitivity of your skin – the delicate nature of a skin type can cause a distinction in the fillers that work. Some people are allergic to certain dermal fillers because of the sensitivity of their skin. It is why what works for your friend might not necessarily work for you.
- Budget – dermal fillers tend to be expensive. Depending on how much you are willing to spend on your fillers, the type you get differs. You can get fillers ranging from $662 to $903 or more, per syringe.
- Material of the fillers – some are thinner than others, and others more ‘flowy’ than their counterparts.
- Longevity of the fillers – all fillers do not last the same amount of time. Technically, the thicker ones last longer that the thinner ones.
Important Facts You Must Know
- They are made from hyaluronic acid – the reason as to why the skin is very receptive of dermal fillers is because they are made from hyaluronic acid. This acid is naturally found in the skin.
- The effects are not permanent – dermal fillers will give you a plumper and fuller effect, but only for a few months. Some last longer than others, but they are not permanent.
- The best fillers are invisible – if you are getting a colored filler, then you should think twice about the procedure.
- The expertise of your doctor matters – if your dentist is doing it for the first time, then you will not like your results. Experience is key in injecting dermal fillers, because it is an art that requires mastery of the intricate details of the procedure. This way, you will have a more natural-looking appearance in the end.