Dental implants are a safe and reliable treatment option to replace missing teeth. At Springhill Dental we can help you achieve your goals of a full and healthy smile using the latest technology in dental implants.
What is a Dental Implant?
Dental implants are used to replace the roots of teeth and can be used to support single or multiple replacement teeth, dental bridgework or a denture. Dental implants are made from pure titanium and come in various shapes and sizes so they can be tailored to each patient.
Titanium is used because of its ability to directly fuse to bone in a process called Osseointegration.
Why choose Dental Implants?
- Aesthetics – Dental implants can provide natural and beautiful looking tooth replacements.
- Tooth preservation – Conventional bridgework replacement of teeth relies on the removal of healthy tooth structure, dental implants avoid this.
- Bone preservation – Biting forces transmitted to the jawbones via the roots of the dental implants help maintain bone levels that would otherwise be resorbed by the body. This resorption may cause changes to the shape of your face over time.
- Versatility – The versatile and modular nature of dental implants allows for a multitude of options/variations as your dental needs change over time.
- Reliability – Properly cared for, dental implants are a predictable and reliable treatment option.
Dental implants provide a solution for the replacement of missing teeth.
Whether you are missing a single tooth, a small number of teeth, or all of your teeth, replacing your teeth with the help of dental implants may be the right fit for you and your lifestyle. With proper care, good dental hygiene, and a healthy lifestyle, implants can last a lifetime.