How Can Teeth Whitening Beautify Your Smile?
There is nothing like a beautiful smile. If you have a captivating smile, it can impress others at first sight. Having a beautiful smile adds volume to your personality and also makes you a confident individual. Smile makes you, who you are. It’s one of the first things that people notice when they meet you. An impressive smile can go a long way and make you an achiever in personal and professional lives.
But what if you are not happy with your smile? What if your teeth are stained, yellow, or discolored? There is no need to worry as the cosmetic dentistry procedures have made it easy to achieve the smile of your dreams. One such easy and non-invasive way is a teeth whitening. It can instantly help in getting a brighter smile that will make you appear pleasant and attractive, says the dentist in Calgary. The procedure can add a celebrity-like sparkling smile to your personality making you stand out from the crowd.
The Teeth Whitening near Calgary, AB, is an effective way of whitening your teeth and lightening the natural color of your teeth removing the stains and discoloration. Also, it doesn’t harm the surface of your teeth. According to the dentist in Calgary AB, our teeth have a yellowish hue which becomes darker as we age, along with our eating habits or because of smoking and consuming tobacco. Teeth whitening procedure can successfully remove the stains accumulated over the period of time. Though the procedure is completed in one go, one might need regular visits for touch-ups.
Reasons Why Our Teeth Turn Yellow?
As mentioned above, the natural color of our teeth is not white and the color of our teeth is a reflection and scattering of light on the surface of the teeth. Dentin below the tooth enamel is yellowish. Enamel is the outer layer and its thickness is determined by genes. If you have thinner enamel, more of dentin will reflect making your teeth appear pale. Let’s explore some of the reasons why our teeth turn yellow over a period.
- Genetics can determine the shade of your teeth.
- Smoking and chewing tobacco can stain your teeth and are not good for your overall health as well.
- Having coffee, tea, red wine, or coke regularly can leave your teeth stained.
- Certain medications can also affect your teeth color.
- Deposit of plaque and tartar on your teeth can also make them appear yellow.
- Aging can also make your teeth appear pale.
How to Maintain Your Beautiful Smile After Whitening?
- The first thing to do for maintaining your smile is brushing your teeth twice daily followed by flossing. Keep on replacing your toothbrush in every three – four months. You may also invest in an electric toothbrush as it can effectively remove plaque, bacteria, and stains.
- You need to be careful about not consuming foods and drinks that can stain your teeth. This is one of the simplest and best ways of preventing your teeth from getting stained. You must avoid tea, coffee, red wine, and tomato sauce for at least two to three weeks after the whitening procedure.
- You must rinse your mouth after every meal or beverage so that the food remnants don’t stay on your teeth for a longer duration. You must rinse your mouth after meals, especially if having a meal with sugar or starch as they attract bacteria in your mouth which then causes plaque.
- Having crunchy fruits and vegetables such as celery, carrots, apples, and pears is a good idea as these food items will remove the stains and scrub the surface of your teeth.
When Is Teeth Whitening Not Recommended for You?
- If you have a cavity in your mouth, you need to get it treated first and then look for the whitening procedure. The whitening solutions might travel to the decayed area and reach the innermost layer of the tooth causing more complications.
- Receding gums can also make your teeth appear yellow. The exposed roots of the teeth can’t be whitened and the procedure will make your teeth more sensitive.
- If you have got dental veneers or crowns, the whitening procedure won’t work on them.